We are never quite sure about what features to add to our website in order to make our visitors feel comfortable in navigating our website.
Similarly, we must give them a good call-to-action button so that they can easily get in touch with us with his/her requirement. Apart from it, there must be good visibility of all your offering with the unique selling points (USPs).
However, I have tried to make a website feature checklist. In order to make it easy for people like me to get a good check on features while developing a website for them or their clients.
So here we go:
Simultaneously, we have listed some of the most important features divided in sections:
Website features for Header:
- Brand Name, Logo, and Tag Line.
- Website Colour – Contrast Colour using colours used in Logo.
- Phone Number – clickable and trackable.
- Call-to-Action Button
- Top Navigation
- Bread Crumb Navigation
Website features for Body:
- Image or Slider or Video – reflecting exactly what you offer.
- Reviews and Testimonials
- Important Business Information
- Quality Content – reflecting USP of your business
- Main Features of your business.
- Internal Links – to website pages.
Features for Footer:
- Navigation – a secondary navigation menu.
- Social Media Profiles
- Online Chat Feature
- Business Hours
- Contact Information
- About Us Page
- Inner Page Content – Elaborating more about your products and services
- Contact form
- Anti-Spam Captcha
- FAQ Page
- Blog Page
- Comment feature
- Search bar
- Social Media Share
Content and Design:
- Clean font for good readability
- Links that are Easy to understand URLs
- Mobile responsive
- Hamburger menu on mobile site
- Spell and Grammar check.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
- Meta Title and Meta Description.
- Sitemap creation
- Easy to update URL structure
Server and Hosting:
- Fast and reliable hosting
- Daily Website Backup
- Optimized code for fast page loading
- Use a CMS – to make empower you so that you can manage your website on your own.
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Google Search Console integration
- Google Analytics Integration
- Microformats – Schema.org tagging for Google to read (especially if you’re a local business).
- Twitter card data for twitter, and Open Graph tagging for Facebook can all enhance your visibility.
- When your site is shared or found on search and social media the Open Graph shows result.
- Site Caching – To manage website speed when there’s good traffic.
Additional Website features to choose from:
- Newsletter Signup
- CDN – Content Delivery Networks to further improve your website speed and security.
- Landing Pages
- Map – Google My Business, Bing Map, Apple Map
- Logo Bar – To showcase your clients.
- Premium Resources – Infographics, white papers, and case studies.
- Mobile Standards – Facebook Instant Articles, Apple News, Google News, and also Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP).
- Payment Gateway – PayPal, Stripe, RazorPay, Instamojo